#AskAwayFriday Week 17 with Mrs. AOK!!11/28/2013
Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone!! How was it? Are you still in a food coma? If you cooked the Turkey how did it turn out? Are you still eating left overs? Did you commence putting up the Holiday decorations?? Hey, it's not #AskAwayFriday without some questions right??
For those of you who aren't familiar with #AskAwayFriday it's an amazing way to meet new bloggers, make friends and ask some questions to get to know them better! 10 questions are exchanged and answered on your partners blog, you can get as creative as you want and even get into our purses!
As always, tried and true we have the partners in crime, the ladies who created #AskAwayFriday...the wonderful Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fab Mom!!
Our co-hosts for the month of November have been amazing! We are sad to see them go but they are always awesome with their weekly #AskAwayFriday contributions and we look forward to seeing their posts in December!
Dean aka Mrs_AOK is pretty freaking amazing! She's been apart of #AskAwayFriday as long as it's been around I believe, which is pretty impressive! She's become a great friend to me and the other ladies involved in #AskAwayFriday each week and I'm super excited she's moving to the East Coast!
Next up is the wonderful Ophelia from LatinaMamaRama, we've really enjoyed her joining in on #AskAwayFriday, she always has some really insightful and beautiful things to say!
And last, but certainly not least is Sarah from Lomholt's Family...she's a really great gal from Iowa and I really enjoy our little chats, she's become a good friend and a friendly face each week on #AskAwayFriday! She's always up for exchanging with anyone and so friendly!
Okay, now that we've met everyone I'm going to add in a shameless plug on behalf of Penny & Mrs_AOK. Enter into the Holiday Nail Polish GIVEAWAY!!! There are 3 prizes (so 3 times the chances to win!) and they are all awesome!
Now I got lucky enough this week (which I can't believe it hasn't happened before) to trade with D from Mrs. AOK!! I know she's having a hectic week with moving over the Thanksgiving week but I'm happy we are finally getting to exchange with one another! I hope you had a great Turkey Day lady!! So without hesitation...let's do it!
1. Do you watch football and eat OR do you eat then watch football? Usually we hold off on watching the games but this year we are doing lunch at 1 PM and the Ravens (my husband's team) play the Steelers (big rivals) so we will have the game on while we eat this year!
3. White Meat or Dark Meat? I'm hoping you mean turkey meat and not humans haha JK!!! I'm a white meat girl.
5. Do you have a crazy uncle at the Thanksgiving table OR have your had a crazy aunt or uncle moment at Thanksgiving? Thankfully, NO! The short amount of family we do have for Thanksgiving is mostly sane and any extended family I used to see for Thanksgiving I don't have to anymore since we moved (phew!).
7. Do you go Black Thursday/Friday shopping or Cyber Monday? Neither, but if I had to pick it would be Cyber Monday. I worked one Black Friday and it's just not fair that people have to leave celebrations to work. The crowds are dumb too, if I hear about one more person being trampled I might go crazy. Cyber Monday is easier for me and the only thing I really buy is make up on that day anyways.
9. What are your thoughts about going shopping on Thanksgiving Day? DUMB! Why would you leave your family and food to go shopping? Plus again, think of all the people who have to go to work because you want to shop! How insane is that? We expect other people to leave their lives to serve us...that's not anything to be thankful about.
10. Top 5 things you are thankful for (besides family, friends and health)?
- I'm thankful I have a roof over my head. Too many people are without warmth and shelter in this time of the year. I treasure the fact that we have a warm home filled with love and laughter.
- I'm thankful for the ability to have a Thanksgiving meal. Again, too many go without food, especially children.
- I'm thankful that I had the opportunity this year to travel to Alaska with my husband and experience a part of the world/country we might not have been able to a year ago. It was breathtaking.
- I'm thankful that my blog which was just a "hobby" at first has become much more than that. It's brought some great people into my life.
- I'm thankful for each and every day I get to be alive (this might fall under health). I've lost many people in my life and this time of the year my husbands' grandmother and my own are in my heart. Even though it has only been a year we miss them tremendously.
Wonderful questions! We were definitely exchanging in the thoughts of Thanksgiving! Now, if you excuse me, please link up below while I go put up my Holiday decorations!