I was in contact with BoxyCharm when they arrived on Twitter. They are a new subscription beauty box, they focus mostly on drug store type items rather than higher end items. It is in the same price range as GlossyBox ($21/month), which is a little expensive for drug store type items, but witg 7-8 items per month it definitely can make financial sense. I can spend $21 easy at Target in the make up aisles :)
I received several items in this box and here they are to share with you...
1. Rimmel Eyeshadow Palette in Union Jack (008) - this "palette" is a all in one eye set. Pink is vibrant and your lid color, there is a lighter Royal Blue as a crease shade, a dark Navy for the outer v and a pretty highlight shade. I've seen3en these before, the small areas are hard to work with but it's possible. Pink on brown eyes like mine isn't always best since it can make me look more "red" in my eye area but I do love a blue smokey eye so I think I can work with this palette.
2. Rimmel Kate Lipstick Number 90...this is a pretty pink for summer. Definitely bright and vibrant and pigmented. All things I love in a lipstick. This will get lots of wear from me! I like the Rimmel lipstick formulas, so hopefully this is no exception.
3. Essie Nail Polish in Fiesta...this hot pink is the essential pink for summer. Great for manicures and pedicures. I use this color at the salon a lot but I've never owned it so now I can bring my own and have one for touch ups!
4. Sally Hansen Salon Effects Strips in Number 380 "Collide-O-Scope"...I personally have never tried these, mostly because my nails are poops and super short. I know people who have better nails than me that love them. I wanted to give them a shot but I never can validate buying them because of my stubby nails. The pattern is a little crazy for me so maybe I'll try it as an accent nail instead of a full set.
5. Essence Beauty Travel Brush Kit...this kit has a little foundation brush which I'd use for concealer more than anything, a powder brush which is great for touch ups and a dual ended eye shadow brush, one end is more stubby and great for smudging out the lower lash line and the other is a great fluffy end for touching up crease and highlight colors. This is DEFINITELY going in my purse/diaper bag for quick touch ups.
6. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Coffee Cake...this isn't my ideal blush but I can use it on a more simple make up day. It's a light brown/flesh tone color. I usually wear pinks and corals on my cheeks. The texture is also different but with a stippling brush it might apply nicer.
7. Styli-Style Eyeliner in Emerald...I'm all about putting color on the lower lashes for summer with a neutral eye and this will match great with my Sigma Resort Palette for that purpose. I could also see myself using this as a pop of color on my upper lash line as well.
8. Maybelline Lip Gloss in Pink Perfection (035)...this gloss gives a sheer wash of shimmer. I can use this over any lipstick but it will get its most use over MACs Cherish which is my favorite nude lip stick for spring and summer. A girl can't say no to lip gloss its just not natural.
9. "BONUS GIFT" Mary Kay Make Up Bag...we all need something to toss those summer essentials in for touch ups so I'm glad they included it as a gift. I usually keep my bags from Ipsy but they only hold 2-3 things.
All in all I like this box. I have been thinking about leaving Glossybox. I just don't love the products. But I've also been thinking that about Birchbox too. I will definitely be adding this subscription to my monthly boxes though. Good job BoxyCharm!