#AskAwayFriday Week 16 with Noise of Boys!11/21/2013
Thanksgiving is next week folks! Are you ready? Are you traveling?
For those of you who aren't familiar with #AskAwayFriday it's an amazing way to meet new bloggers, make friends and ask some questions to get to know them better! 10 questions are exchanged and answered on your partners blog, you can get as creative as you want and even get into our purses!
As always, tried and true we have the partners in crime, the ladies who created #AskAwayFriday...the wonderful Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fab Mom!!
Our co-hosts for the month of November are amazing so check them out!
Dean aka Mrs_AOK is pretty freaking amazing! She's been apart of #AskAwayFriday as long as it's been around I believe, which is pretty impressive! She's become a great friend to me and the other ladies involved in #AskAwayFriday each week and I'm super excited she's moving to the East Coast!
Next up is the wonderful Ophelia from LatinaMamaRama, we've really enjoyed her joining in on #AskAwayFriday, she always has some really insightful and beautiful things to say!
And last, but certainly not least is Sarah from Lomholt's Family...she's a really great gal from Iowa and I really enjoy our little chats, she's become a good friend and a friendly face each week on #AskAwayFriday! She's always up for exchanging with anyone and so friendly!
Okay, now that we've met everyone I'm going to add in a shameless plug on behalf of Penny & Mrs_AOK. Enter into the Holiday Nail Polish GIVEAWAY!!! There are 3 prizes (so 3 times the chances to win!) and they are all awesome!
This week I'm exchanging with Jodi from The Noise of Boys...she's awesome and super brave! I've got two girls, I don't think I could handle two boys!
Jodi came up with some great questions that are also Holiday related so she's definitely in the spirit! Let's do this!
1. Do you get stressed preparing for either Thanksgiving or Christmas? Which one and why? I would have to say Thanksgiving is harder for me and more stressful, only because we host it at our house. I'm definitely one of those people who don't want others to bring food when I spend so much time making it myself. I also tend to put a lot of pressure on myself for the Turkey to be perfect!
2. What's your favorite Holiday memory or tradition (from your childhood or parenthood)? I don't really have any as a child. If I had to pick one it would be before my parents got divorced and we would spend Christmas at our cabin in the mountains. As a parent I think we are starting it this year in the girls being home for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. Letting them open one present Christmas Eve, putting on a fire, having breakfast and family over for Christmas morning.
here. It's brown sugar, cranberry jelly and dijon mustard. Best of all it cooks in the CrockPot so there's more room in the oven!
4. What's your favorite Holiday song? If not, do you have one your dread hearing for the next 5 weeks? I love them all! I do however prefer when they are performed by Frank Sinatra or Bing Crosby. White Christmas is probably my favorite.
Now, for the purely selfish side of me...I want the Louis Vuitton Neverfull! It's so big it can be a diaper bag and my purse all in one!
7. What's a song, book or movie title that describes your life right now? Recently I've felt like I've been living in National Lampoon's. Life has been hectic and crazy and I have a husband who is both combined! Now with Holiday's coming up it's just going to be crazier so I'm just trying to buckle up for the ride.
8. What shows do you have to make mommy time for? Real Housewives, perhaps? I always make time for the Real Housewives! Most of the time my "mommy time" for watching TV is when the girls are napping or after everyone is in bed. I do watch Blacklist, Sons of Anarchy and American Horror Story: Coven...that's Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday covered! I catch up on Revenge when I can and Sleepy Hollow.
9. You have a choice for 30 days - you could have a nanny, butler, maid or a chef. What do you chose? MAID!!! With my Mother-in-Law around the corner I kind of have a nanny if I really need it (more like a baby sitter), my house is just too small for a butler (although this was my husband choice) and I don't mind cooking. Even if I did cook a maid would have to clean up after me so yeah, I'll go with Maid every time!