#AskAwayFriday Week 22!1/02/2014
For those of you who aren't familiar with #AskAwayFriday it's an amazing way to meet new bloggers, make friends and ask some questions to get to know them better! 10 questions are exchanged and answered on your partners blog, you can get as creative as you want and even get into our purses!
Our co-hosts for the month of January are here as well! All new ladies who have been wonderful additions to #AskAwayFriday! Show them some love by stopping by their blogs!
I'm so happy to be exchanging with Sonya from Saving Everyday with Sonya K for my first #AskAwayFriday of the year!! I'm so eager to get into Sonya's questions...let's just do it!!
1. I watched your YouTube video where you told everyone "What I Got For Christmas". What was your favorite gift? I'd probably have to say my new cameras! I really want a DSLR but because I'm saving for it my husband really heard me talking about how I needed new cameras! He's such a smart one!
2. My family always eats black-eyed peas and greens or cabbage on New Years as a sign of the prosperity you hope to have for the upcoming year. Does your family eat anything special on New Years Day? Nope. I've never heard that one to be honest and none of those things are foods that I or my kids would probably eat. I was sick yesterday (and today) so my husband made some Crock-Pot chicken which was pretty good but I don't have any traditions for New Years Day.
4. You get to review a lot of cool stuff. What is your favorite review so far? I'm obsessed with beauty so there's always that. I mean my husband loves it if I don't have to spend money on "more beauty stuff" haha
5. Pancakes or Waffles? Depends. This morning in our house we had waffles (just the frozen kind)...the girls love them. But if I'm out and eating at a restaurant probably pancakes.
The 1-OH!-1 Experience. Are you nervous sharing this with your viewers? To be honest, once I posted the introduction I got really nervous. I've never minded putting my life out there before but this did give me a brief moment of hesitation. However, I'm a mom and I couldn't be a mom (for the most part) without sex. Also, I believe that there are many women who benefit from me sharing this experience. Once I posted the introduction and got about 4 or 5 positive comments on the blog and Facebook I got less nervous. I don't think I'll be 100% without nerves until I post the 1st two experiences and see the feedback on it. But I am really excited to be on this path with my husband and giving it the best shot!
7. Have you ever made the same New Years Resolutions two years in a row? If so, what was it? I think the most common one is "losing weight" or "getting healthy". This year I plan to do the same but implement it in a different way. This year I decided to also make GOALS not resolutions.
9. Online or in-store shopping? For clothes I prefer in-store shopping only because everyone "makes" clothing different, even jeans you have to try on most of the time these days. I will shop online though for electronics or beauty.
10. I feel like I've changed a lot since becoming a mom. What changes in your life have surprised you the most in becoming a mom? I feel like I always knew I'd have to give up "me time" but I never realized that it would disappear all together! Even time with my husband is on halt until the girls go to bed. Sure we can have a conversation but we can't really "talk" until they are asleep. Being a SAHM and a mom in general is the hardest job I've ever had. I've gotten pretty good at juggling it all but I don't think anyone is "prepared" to be a mom until they are one.
Awesome job Sonya! Love all the questions! Thank you so much for being my partner this week!