#AskAwayFriday Week #12!10/24/2013
Welcome to Week 12 of #AskAwayFriday!! Please meet our wonderful co-hosts for the month of October!
These ladies have been wonderful additions to #AskAwayFriday and always have great posts that everyone enjoys to read!
Also, make sure you stop by and grab our brand new #AskAwayFriday button...
Also, a shameless plug while I remember...myself, along with Dean from Mrs. AOK - A Work In Progress, Courtney from What's Up With The Wilhelm's and Amanda from Buckiddo are hosting a Holiday Nail Polish Swap & GIVEAWAY!! Please click the link picture below for the rules, prizes and how to enter!!
Without further adieu let's kick off Week 12 of #AskAwayFriday!!!
This week I am swapping my questions with Jennifer from Pink When! Her site is awesome and full of DIY, recipes and so many creative things! I can't lie...I'm a little jealous of her craftiness because I'm definitely not a crafter but I like knowing there are people out there who can pull these things off...that's 1/2 the reason I'm so obsessed with Etsy haha
1. Where are you sitting right now as you create this post? Show us a picture. I'm sitting on my couch watching TV and writing. Nothing fancy here :)
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Probably Austraila...something about it just seems so awesome! It's legit the other side of the world but so similar in some aspects to the U.S. plus the Great Barrier Reef just looks so incredibly beautiful!
3. Along the lines of the last question, if you could do anything you wanted in the world, what would you do and why? See the Aurora Borealis...there are these little underground hotels in Finland with glass roofs that are in the shapes of domes so you can truly sleep under the stars and the amazing Northern Lights!
4. How often do you take time for yourself, and when you do, what do you do for yourself? I'm REALLY LUCKY...I have an amazing husband who is beyond willing to host "daddy daycare" so that I can go out, even if it is to run errands. Any alone time I get for me is usually something beauty related, hair cut or nail appointments. I do occasionally escape just to go to Chipotle and enjoy a quiet meal too.
5. If there was one celebrity you could smack across the back of the head, make them sit down, and straighten up, who would it be and why? Most of the ones I pay attention to seem to have gotten their acts together, Mariah Carey has straightened up, Britney Spears got her act together and even now Christina Aguilera is on the up and up. Miley Cyrus seems to be the newest target and Lady Gaga is always and option but I think we need to remember that these people are PAID ENTERTAINERS...they make a lot of money to do the things they do and trust me A LOT of what they do is planned and staged. Plus if they straighten up what's the fun in that? We all need a little crazy in the world!
6. What's for dinner tonight? Home cooked or delivery? Share a pic. Home cooked. I try to cook at home as much as possible. My husband enjoys my cooking and I've found recently that my kids will try more foods if I make them over a restaurant. Tonight I made cilantro lime rice, almond crusted flounder and lobster cakes. I can honestly say the lobster cakes weren't that good but the flounder sure was!!
7. What is one of the coolest things you've done or experienced that not many people know about you? Most things I've experienced I've shared but recently my husband and I were in Alaska for our vacation we saw whales not 30 feet from us and then there was horseback riding through the countryside of Alaska, I mean you talk about pretty!!!
8. Dump your purse out on the table or floor and snap a pic of what's inside! What is a must have purse item you always carry? Considering that my "purse" is a diaper bag I'll just show that...I know it's so boring but it's the life of a mom with two kids that are 1 & 2 years old. I definitely can't leave the house without my wallet, phone or keys but an essential I have to have in my bag just for me is some sort of chap stick or lip balm...I have super dry lips!
9. If there was one household chore that you could live without (you HATE it), which one would it be and why? BATHROOMS! I hate doing the bathrooms. First, they are gross, 2nd it seems like as soon as I clean it, it's dirty again. My husband will cut his hair or toothpaste ends up BACK in the sink...ugh I just hate bathroom duty!
10. What are you (if you are) or your family dressing up as for Halloween? Take a picture and share if you can. Since we had Savannah's 1st birthday and it was cowgirl themed we will probably dress them up like that again. With Hannah being 2 and Savannah being 1 they really don't understand it...heck I'm tempted to just put them in their Halloween pajamas and take them out, that's more of a costume...next year we will probably spend the money or make costumes for them when they can both understand Halloween a little more.
I'm so happy that Jennifer and I were able to exchange questions and you have to head on over to her blog to check out her answers to my questions! Like always all the links below are filled with questions and answers from your favorite bloggers...pop in and get to know more about them!!