#AskAwayFriday Week 13 with @Mrs_Tee!!10/31/2013
Week 13?? WHAT!?! That's crazy! What's even crazier is that it's November...where did the whole year go? It doesn't feel like November, it doesn't feel like we should all be planning for Thanksgiving much less does it feel like we should even be seeing Holiday things out in stores!
For those of you who aren't familiar with #AskAwayFriday it's an amazing way to meet new bloggers, make friends and ask some questions to get to know them better! 10 questions are exchanged and answered on your partners blog, you can get as creative as you want and even get into our purses!
As always, tried and true we have the partners in crime, the ladies who created #AskAwayFriday...the wonderful Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fab Mom!!
For the month of October we had some amazing co-hosts, but with the new month comes new co-hosts so let me introduce you to the ladies who will be hanging out with us for the month of November!
Dean aka Mrs_AOK is pretty freaking amazing! She's been apart of #AskAwayFriday as long as it's been around I believe, which is pretty impressive! She's become a great friend to me and the other ladies involved in #AskAwayFriday each week and I'm super excited she's moving to the East Coast!
Next up is the wonderful Ophelia from LatinaMamaRama, we've really enjoyed her joining in on #AskAwayFriday, she always has some really insightful and beautiful things to say!
And last, but certainly not least is Sarah from Lomholt's Family...she's a really great gal from Iowa and I really enjoy our little chats, she's become a good friend and a friendly face each week on #AskAwayFriday! She's always up for exchanging with anyone and so friendly!
Okay, so this week I'm exchanging with my GOOD buddy, the wonderful, the great, the amazing, the fabulous Tiffany from Mrs. Tee - Love, Life and Laughter!!
I can't believe we've gone all these weeks without exchanging questions for #AskAwayFriday. Tiffany and I have a lot of the same goals for our blogs (we both hope that they will support our families one day) and she's been so helpful in anything I have questions on blogging related. Above all else she's been so amazingly support of all my YouTube tags like the Super Mom Tag & Mommy Tag 1.0!
Let's jump into the questions...
1. Do you prefer to drive or ride when traveling long distances? It depends, my husband gets car sick pretty easy if we aren't on a straight highway and he prefers driving I think but I do like to drive too, but that's just the control freak in me haha
2. What's your favorite dessert? That's a toughie because it's kind of a three way tie! First, I LOVE Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (Breyers brand specifically) but then I do love cheesecake and red velvet cake. I also love a good brownie...okay, I admit it..."my name is Penny and I have a sweet tooth". There aren't many desserts I don't like!
3. I know from your blogs you love makeup. What age do you think you will let your daughters share in your love for makeup? Honestly, Hannah already is! I'd say maybe 6 months ago she started sitting with me when I put it on. Then she started wanting to try my lip gloss so I went out and bought her a whole bunch of the Hello Kitty brand so she has her own. As far as when I will let them wear make up out of the house...anything more than lip gloss would be around 12 or 13. I've stressed before that I want them to know that makeup doesn't make them beautiful, they already are stunning!
4. What's your "Go To" quick fix meal? I'd say it's one of my pastas, whether it's penne pasta with bolognese (meat sauce) or angel hair pasta with shrimp and lemon butter. They both take about 10 minutes to make and I know clean up is relatively easy. Plus Hannah and Savannah will both eat my penne pasta with sauce now so that's a bonus!
5. If you could give your daughters anything with no care for cost what would it be? I don't know...a house or a car seem so mundane. Could I leave them a million dollars each? That would be a great kick off to life. In my heart I believe it would be a horse, I grew up with them and I know the bond, the responsibility and the love animals teach us. But I think a million dollars sounds better!
6. Do you prefer handmade or store bought gifts? When it comes to things from the girls or my husband, handmade all the way. The girls are at an age now, well Hannah at least, that she gets enjoyment out of making things. David's made me cards or love coupons before, I love the creativity that goes into it and the effort. With friends and family store bought is fine but I do have some handmade gifts or more personalized store bought (Etsy) gifts that I've received that I treasure.
7. We both love nail polish, what's your favorite color pick for the Fall? I'm addicted to OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark, it's a tried and true favorite. I also love a bright red nail, OPI's Big Apple Red is gorgeous. I definitely go for the more vampy/dark colors for Fall & Winter.
8. Speaking of nails, do you like yours long or short? I have the world's worst nails. If I'm not going and getting manicures or doing it myself (I prefer the shellac) I bite them. I know it's a horrible habit but it's how much nervous energy comes out. I do like that acrylics/gels offer longer nails but with the girls they are just impossible and if I get any growth I can't stand it so it gets costly. I'll go with short, at least they are easier to maintain that way.
9. What's one of your favorite VLOGS? Why? Include a link. I love The Schuerman Show on YouTube. It's a family of 4 (much like my own), living in Montana (rural, like me) with a mom who is a SAHM and loves beauty and makes YouTube videos. Sam (the mom) is super sweet and her kids, Phoenix and Lily are just adorable and you can really tell that her and her husband Jay are just so in love. They are kind of my example for if we ever start vlogging. I follow a lot of vloggers so just go to my YouTube Channel and check them out!!
10. Date Night: You Pick...a quiet night at home (kid free) or a night out on the town? Considering that most of our date nights are a combination of the two, my MIL comes to watch the kids who are already in bed and hubby and I go out to see a movie, I think I'd pick a night out. I'm actually making NYE plans with my brother in law and his wife, I'm looking forward to a night out partying. I haven't had one since we got married in Vegas and even then I was a little reserved so I'd like to go out and enjoy myself. But to be honest I would take either one...hubby and I are always down for a date night on the couch!
Well that's it folks...that's the end of Week 13 for #AskAwayFriday. Please go over to Tiffany's blog to see the answers to my questions and of course check out, like, follow and show love to all our co-hosts and anyone who links below! See you next week!!