What To Write: Father's Day Cards6/05/2014
I don’t know about you but Father’s Day has a whole new meaning in my life. It used to be just about celebrating my dad. These days it’s about not only celebrating the man who is my father but my husband, an amazing dad to our little girls and I have the wonderful addition of a Father-In-Law who lives right down the street from us. With three very special men to celebrate not just as fathers but two of them as grandfather’s there are lots of cards to buy and lots to say in them!
When it comes to my dad I’ve always gone on the sappier side of cards. I don’t often express how extremely important he is to me and I look at Father’s Day cards to help me do that without being overly mushy. Also, just after Father’s Day (or sometimes the same day) is my dad’s birthday so add in an additional card for him! Buying a card for my husband as a father is difficult because there’s no real way to explain how awesome he is at that part of his life so it can take me forever to find the right card for him. On top of it all, what the heck do I write? I’ve included some helpful tips below to help you in your card prep for your favorite dad!
• “You’re the best, Dad. I love you!”
• “Right from the start, you’ve been a strong and steady presence in my life. Thank you for being there every day with just the love and guidance I’ve needed.”
• “You’re my one and only dad, and I’ll always have a special place in my heart for you.”
• “Dad, you’re still the one I think of first when I have a question about something or when I just need some support and good advice. Thank you for always being there for me.”
• “Happy Father’s Day to the man who taught me how to step and throw, how to field a grounder, how to follow through and pretty much every other important thing I know about baseball and living!”
• “I love our family, and I love you.”
• “Happy Father’s Day to the man of my heart, the father of our children, the love of my life.”
• “Thank you for all the ways you go above and beyond every day for our family. The kids and I are so lucky to have you.”
• “I’m so grateful to be sharing life, love and parenthood with a wonderful man like you.”
• “Turns out, it IS possible for a man to look hot carrying a diaper bag. I know because I’m married to you.”
• “So glad you were with me for this fun and crazy ride.”
• “Thank you for sharing this journey with me.”
• “Happy Father’s Day to one of the absolute best dads I know!”
• “You’re the best grandpa anyone could ever ask for.”
• “Happy Father’s Day to my wonderful godfather. My parents couldn’t have picked a better (or funnier!) man for the job!”
• “You’ve always gone above and beyond to support me and celebrate important times in my life. That’s why I’m thinking of you with special gratitude on Father’s Day.”
• “With love and thanks for an amazing man I’ll always look up to,”
• “Just wanted to recognize you on Father’s Day for being such a caring and positive influence in my life. I’m more grateful than you could ever know.”
• “I always knew you’d be a great dad someday.”
• “I can tell from how your kids act that they feel happy and totally loved. Of course they do. They have an awesome dad!”
• “You’re a good dad and a good friend.”
• “What an exciting day for a father-to-be! It won’t be long now…”
• “Your baby will be here before you know it! Hope this Father’s Day will be the first of many happy ones for you.”
• “Happy (almost) Father’s Day!”
• “You are off to a great start as a dad. Happy 1st Father’s Day!”
• “You’ll always remember your first Father’s Day. (Unless you sleep through it, which might be nice, too.) Hope it’s sweet however you spend it!”
• “You’re doing a great job, new daddy. I can tell from your happy baby.”
1. "You're awesome. That's just how you roll!"
2. "You're one awesome dude who really takes care of his family!"
3. "Don't know how you do all you do, but I'm grateful!"
1. “Happy Father’s Day with love,”
2. “Burgers, beer, family time…wishing you all the best Father’s Day stuff!”
3. “May Father’s Day bring lots of little reminders of all the ways you’re admired and appreciated.” 4. “Today is for great dads like you! I hope it’s great!”
5. “Wishing you a wonderful Father’s Day.”
1. Include a funny story or memory.
2. Share your faith if that's something you share with your father or the dad in your life.
3. If he is a dad who enjoys a good laugh, don't hesitate to include a funny job or hilarious card.
What type of card do you go for on Father's Day? Do you buy it from Hallmark with a thoughtful phrase? Or do you make your own? If you are a dad, what's your most memorable Father's Day card?