Review: YOUNIQUE Moonstruck 3D Fiber Lash6/24/2014
A few weeks ago I was at an event to support another blogger when I met a lovely YOUNIQUE sales representative named Miriam. I can't lie, her makeup looked wonderful and she complimented mine as well so we hit it off. After talking with her a little I found out she worked with YOUNIQUE, this is a fairly new product line ranging from their famous mascara that I'll have a review on below as well as lip glosses and foundation products.
I had been itching to try the Moonstruck 3D Fiber Lashes that YOUNIQUE offers because I love some crazy, over the top lashes if I can get them without false lashes. Miriam just happened to have a spare on her and was lovely enough to let me try the product out! YOUNIQUE describes their up and coming mascara as:
"Our simple three-step process combines Transplanting Gel and Natural Fibers to help create the appearance of incredible thickness and volume to your existing lashes. Watch as your lashes transform into something you have only dreamed of! The 3D Fiber Lashes are water resistant but easily washes off with warm water and facial cleanser at the end of the day. Try it! It will quickly become your favorite makeup must-have!"
I would agree with all of these and more! The process for applying the 3D Fiber Lashes is a little complex however, I'm used to using mascaras with primers since my lashes are so horribly limp and have not the least bit of volume. The directions for the application are as follows:
- Curl your bare lashes
- Apply one coat of your favorite mascara (drugstore or high-end doesn't matter)
- Apply one coat of the YOUNIQUE Transplanting Gel
- Apply one coat of the YOUNIQUE Moonstruck 3D Fiber Lashes (do this while your Gel is still wet)
- Apply one final coat of the YOUNIQUE Transplanting Gel to lock in the Fibers
As you can see from my own photos this product does work wonders! I've tried this product out for several weeks and I've found some pros and cons to both the product and the process.
- The product does what it says! You get length and volume in your lashes!
- Applying the YOUNIQUE Moonstruck 3D Fiber Lashes is easier than learning to apply false lashes
- Water-Resistant isn't even the right description...this stuff is staying put through everything!
- The fibers are black which is much nicer compared to similar products that have white fibers which can be hard to cover with mascara.
- This is a slightly costly product at $29. The only similar product on the market is the Too Faced Better Than False Lashes Mascara which retails for $35. There was a similar drugstore product on the market but it's been removed which was the Maybelline XXL Extensions retailing then at about $9.
- YOUNIQUE recommends replacing this product every 8 weeks. Again, at the cost that could be a deterrent for ladies.
- There are a few steps as I listed above. This isn't a quick, run out the door mascara. You want to take your time.
- If the Fibers get into your eyes...OWWW!! That happened to me once when I wasn't paying attention and wow. I'll pay more attention next time!
For my overall review I really do enjoy this product! While it has a couple cons they aren't enough to keep me from getting the results this mascara provides without false lashes. I want to encourage everyone to give this mascara a try and if you are going to order it please check out Miriam for your order. She's been so wonderful and available if I've had any questions!