Mother's Day Cards: What To Include5/05/2014
I feel like every year for Mother's Day we get so caught up in getting the perfect gift, the right flowers and the card is often the last thought on our minds. However, I've learned in being a mother that the card is what lasts me the longest. I keep them in a little card box along with Anniversary, Birthday and Christmas cards.
Most of us will just sign the card that Hallmark made up or grab one from the Dollar Store on the way to brunch because we forgot. But the truth is, that the card is the most important. The card allows you to express in words how you truly feel towards your mom or the mother figure in your life. And it is the one thing that she will treasure the most on that day, besides the time spent together. Below are some tips I came up with to include in your Mother's Day cards to all types of moms in your life!
- "Mother, first you gave me the gift of life. Them you gave me the kind of love only a mother can give. I'm so very grateful for both."
- "Right from the start, you were the one who nurtured me, prayed over me, worried about me, guided me and supported me in every pursuit. Thank you for being there every day with just the love I needed."
- "You're my one and only mom, and I'll always have a special place in my heart for you."
- "Raising me took a lot of patience. Thanks for hanging in there with me!"
- "Sorry if I drove you crazy sometimes. I only did it because I love you!"
- "As a mom, as a mother-in-law, as a grandma - you're the best, and we feel so lucky to have you!"
- "Thanks for putting up with us! We love you like crazy."
- "Just wanted to recognize you on Mother's Day for being such a carding and positive influence in my life. I'm forever grateful, and I look up to you more than you know."
- "Happy Mother's Day to an amazing woman I'll always admire, appreciate and love!"
- "We hope it doesn't come as a surprise that we're thinking of you today."
- "I always knew you'd be a great mom someday."
- "I don't know how you do it. But I can easily see that you are doing a wonderful job of being a mom."
- "I can tell from how your kids act that they feel secure, well-grounded and totally loved. Of course they do. They have the best mom ever!"
- "Celebrating the amazing mom you are to your own kids and the wonderful Aunt you are to mine!"
- "Happy mother's Day to our favorite mom-to-be with lots of love and anticipation!"
- "You're so going to be a great mom - you've already got so many nurturing motherly qualities."
- "You're joining the mom club! Hope this Mother's Day will be the first of many special ones for you."
- "You are off to such a sweet start as a mom. Happy 1st Mother's Day!"
- "You're doing a great job! I can tell from your happy baby."
- "I can just imagine how meaningful today is with a new little one in your life. Enjoy!"
- "You're awesome. That's just how you roll!"
- "You're one classy lady who really takes care of her family!"
- "Don't know how you do all you do, but I'm grateful!"
- "For all you do and all you are, we love you..."
- "We're thinking of you with lots of love today!"
- "I hope you know how much I admire the woman you are."
- Include a funny story or memory.
- Share your faith if that's something you share with your mother or the mom in your life.
- If she is a mom who enjoys a good laugh, don't hesitate to include a funny job or hilarious card.
What type of card do you go for on Mother's Day? Do you buy it from Hallmark with a thoughtful phrase? Or do you make your own? If you are a mom, what's your most memorable Mother's Day card?